Go-Ahead Singapore celebrates its first anniversary as it breaks through 100 million passenger journeys in 12 months
04 September 2017 - Go-Ahead Singapore, the most recent entrant to the country's public transport industry, today celebrates the first anniversary of its start to service. Launched exactly one year ago, the company operates 26 bus services from Loyang Depot, which is home to approximately 1,000 colleagues and around 400 buses.
In its first year, Go-Ahead Singapore has:
- Repainted all of its fleet into the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) 'lush green' bus livery around three months ahead of schedule
- Introduced a new feeder service in Punggol Town (381)
- Successfully trialed an electric bus on three different services for six months
- Attracted 6,750 social media followers
- Increased pay for Bus Captains
- Developed a learning exchange programme that results in colleagues from Singapore and London spending time with each other to discuss best practice
- Held a series of open forums, both in the Depot and the two interchanges it managed (Pasir Ris and Punggol)
- Commenced work on its bid for the forthcoming Bukit Merah tender
- Fitted all of its buses with a driver telematics system
- Completed a Corporate Sustainability Report (due for publication in October 2017)
- Adopted an 'open door' approach in its dealings with colleagues and the National Transport Workers' Union
- Raised just over $7,700 for the cancer charity 'Hair for Hope', with 70 people agreeing to shave their hair
- Worked with the LTA to deliver comprehensive training for new entrants via the Singapore Bus Academy
In recognition of a busy 12 months, the company is distributing a set of milestone cards and model buses to commuters at Pasir Ris and Punggol Bus Interchanges at 1100hrs and 1700hrs today, while stocks last (see below). In total, there are five card designs. Each highlights key data, with a different background image representing some of the areas and services we operate.
David Cutts, Go-Ahead Singapore Managing Director commented: "We are pleased to share our first birthday with commuters. The last year has been a very rewarding one and we are in a good position for future growth".
For media queries, please contact email@example.com.
Above - Go-Ahead Singapore first anniversary publicity pack, free for commuters at Pasir Ris and Punggol on Monday, 4 September 2017